Thursday, September 6, 2007

First Day of Class

This is only my third semester at Montclair but I haven't even been here for a year yet. I started school late, in the spring, but made up for it in the summer. This is all still pretty new to me and I have to say I feel a bit overwhelmed. This class definitely seems like a challenge but I am excited for that challenge to begin.
I have recently discovered what I want to do with my life. I am very passionate about history. I always have been. I constantly have the history channel on in my house and I enjoy reading historical documents. However, I never really thought I would consider a career involving history. Until, one day, I discovered my passion for teaching. Being so passionate about both aspects of teaching really motivates me to do best. I hope to make great change in the American public school system one day but I am a very far away from doing that. I have much to learn. I think this class with proved me with great opportunities. This class does seem like a lot of work but I think it will also teach me very useful concepts that I will later be able to use in my teaching.
Dr. Goldstein really seems to know what she's talking about and seems to have a great deal of experience. She also seems like a person with some very strong convictions. However, I think it will be interesting to see what she has to say and how she feels about the American public school system. I think I could really learn a lot for her.
The best thing about this class, in my opinion, is the field experience opportunity. I am extremely excited for my first experience in a high school classroom. Arts seems to also be a very unique school. I have to say this class does seem like quite of bit of work but I think it will be well worth it when it is all said and done and I look back on it. I am excited to continue on my path to becoming an educator.

No comments: